NLU Sonipat is one of the top National law universities in India. State Government of Haryana established Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat (DBRANLU) in the year 2012 under the Haryana Act No. 15 of 2012 under the name of National Law University Haryana enacted by the legislature of the State of Haryana.
The State Legislature of Haryana through an amendment in 2014 changed the name of this University to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat.
NLU Sonipat Courses
NLU Sonipat offers two courses
P.G Diploma in Corporate Tax
NLU Sonipat Program Details
NLU Sonipat B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) Program
B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Degree Programme is offered by NLU Sonipat. In this program subjects like Economics, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Political Science and Sociology are taught along with Law subjects in the first two years of study. From third year onwards, the curriculum comprises of all Law subjects. All subjects are compulsory in the first three years, in the fourth and fifth year; students are offered specializations in six streams, viz., Business Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, and Labour Law.
NLU Sonipat B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) Eligibility
For an examination being aware of the eligibility criteria is utmost important. For admission in the B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) program of NLU Sonipat, candidate have to appear for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). However, to qualify for admission:-
1. The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination of the Board of School Education, Haryana or its equivalent State/Central Board with minimum 45% marks in the aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST candidates)
2. The candidates appearing in or awaiting results of the qualifying examination held or being held in March/April may also apply and appear for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) provisionally, subject to the condition that they shall produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks and other requisite documents at the time of their counseling for admission at NLU Sonipat.
3. The candidature of:-
those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks and or fail to produce result on the date of counseling, or
those who get compartments/re-appear in any subject in the qualifying examination, shall be cancelled and subsequent securing qualifying marks shall not be considered in any case.
NLU Sonipat B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) Intake
The total intake for the B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Course is 120
Tentative division of the seats shall be as under:-
All India Category (AIC)
NLU Sonipat P.G. Diploma in Corporate Law
P.G. Diploma in Corporate Law deals with rights, relations and liabilities of persons relating to companies, business and organizations. Students will be provided 360 degree development throght workshops, seminars, internships and lectures eminent jurists and legal luminaries.
NLU Sonipat P.G. Diploma Eligibility
1. Candidates who have completed their Bachelor Degree (any stream) which is recognized from University by UGC is eligible for applying in one year PG diploma in corporate law.
2. A person who has passed with 50% marks in the aggregate shall be eligible to seek admission.
3. The candidates who have obtained 10+2 through Open University System directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible for admission in the PG Diploma.
NLU Sonipat P.G. Diploma Intake:
Thirty Seats (30) (Subject to filling of minimum 5 seats)
NLU Sonipat Admission Process
NLU Sonipat BA LLB (Hons) Admission Process
Admission to BA LLB (Hons) will be done through CLAT. Candidates need to register on the official website of CLAT.
1. Visit the official website of the Consortium of NLU’s.
2. Candidates first need to register themself by entering a valid email id and phone number. An OTP will then be sent for verification.
3. Login using the credentials generated after successful registration. Candidates will be redirected to the application form.
4. Fill the application form with correct academic and personal details
5. Upload the required documents.
6. Proceed to pay the application fee
7. Review the application form once and submit it.
8. After the CLAT results are out, students have to fill the application form for the course on the official website of NLU Sonipat. The university will then recess the merit lists of shortlisted students.
NLU Sonipat PG Diploma Admission Process
Admission to PG Diploma programmes will be done online through the official website of university. Follow below-mentioned steps for complete application process:
-Register on the official website of university
-Login and fill application form
-Submit the application form along with required documents
-Pay application fee online via net banking, debit/credit cards
Read more about CLAT 2024 Analysis