DU LLB Exam is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to the 3-years of DU LLB courses. The exam is organized once a year at the national level. DU LLB Exam application forms may commence from the month of May tentatively.
The University of Delhi is a Central University functioning under the Act of Parliament. It is recognized as an institution of national importance by the Constitution of India (Seventh Schedule, List-I, Entry-63). It was established in 1924. The Faculty of Law was established in 1924 by the University of Delhi and is an accredited legal institution by the Bar Council of India for its LL.B. degree.
The Faculty of Law has a single department – the Department of law that conducts LL.B. Classes; whereas LL.M. and Ph.D. are taken care of by the faculty of law.
DU LLB Exam
DU LLB Entrance Exam is conducted annually in online, computer-based mode.
According to DU LLB 2023 Marking Scheme, candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. No marks will be deducted in case of unattempted questions.
DU LLB Entrance Exam will be conducted in both Hindi and English with a total of 100 multiple-choice objective-type questions.
The duration of DU LLB Entrance Exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
The admission to LL.B. course shall be made on the basis of merit in the LL.B. Entrance Test.
DU LLB Exam Sections
DU LLB Exam contains 4 sections, i.e. General Knowledge, English Language, Analytical Abilities, and Legal Awareness and Aptitude.
DU LLB Analytical Abilities aims to check a candidate’s ability to logically solve a situation.
DU LLB Legal Awareness and Aptitude tests a candidate’s interest and knowledge of Law.
The English Language Comprehension sections in DU LLB evaluate the candidate’s language comprehension ability and basic knowledge.
DU LLB Exam Syllabus
Like all other competitive exams, the syllabus for DU LLB is also very vast but there is also an added advantage that if you are planning to appear for any other competitive law exams you will almost be ready to appear for DU LLB exam as well because the syllabus is overlapping. Below we have provided important topics of each sections.
English and comprehension:
- Comprehension passage and questions
- Synonyms, and antonyms
- Fill in the blanks
- Correcting grammar is given sentences
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Events that became popular in the national and international arena.
- Static GK and Current Affairs on topics such as History, geography, basic science, awards, sports, books and authors, economics.
Reasoning and Analytical Ability:
- Coding, and decoding, and basic math such as percentage, profit and loss, algebra, number system, and similar topics.
- Indian legal system, the legislature of the nation, a constitution including fundamental rights and duties, the functioning of judiciary and more.
DU LLB Exam Section Wise Weightage
No. Of Questions
Reasoning and Analytical Ability
DU LLB Exam Eligibility
An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature or an equivalent national institution recognized as a deemed to be University or foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three years’ degree program in law leading to conferment of LL.B. degree.
Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission to LLB:
The eligibility criteria for admission to LL.B. Degree course is as follows:-
- For General candidates, Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with at least 50% marks
- For other backward classes (OBC) candidates, Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with at least 45% marks.
- For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates, a Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with at least 40% marks.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to widows/wards of ex-servicemen as prescribed and wards of serving personnel (CW) category who are in receipt of Gallantry awards
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to the candidates belonging to physically handicapped (PH) category.
List of min marks for different categories
Min. marks requirement
General or unreserved category
Other backward classes
Wards or Widows of ex-servicemen
Wards of serving personnel
DU LLB Exam Important Dates
Availability of Application Form
End of Online Registration
Availability of Admit card
DU LLB 2023 Exam Date
DU LLB 2023 Exam Date
Announcement of Result
Starting of the Admission process
DU LLB Exam Application Fee
Please check the below mentioned application fees as per your category
The online application fee is Rs. 250 for members of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Persons with Disabilities. The online application fee for Unreserved/Other Backward Classes is Rs. 500. The registration fee is non-refundable. Online payment options for applicants include credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
DU LLB Exam Admit Cards
Admit cards will be released by Delhi University well in advance of the test. Candidates must visit the official website in order to download the admit card. Please keep in mind that the admit cards will not be mailed to the candidates. The admit card will include information regarding the time and location of the exam.
Read more about BHU LLB Exam 2024
Also get inspired by CLAT 2024 topper